Translate

Friday, May 31, 2019

Dodgers Pitching Sensation Ryu Continues To Dominate In May


Yahoo sports reports:

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Hyun-Jin Ryu was all but untouchable in May.
His final start of the month was no different Thursday night as the left-hander pitched four-hit ball into the eighth inning of his latest dominant outing, leading the Los Angeles Dodgers to a 2-0 win over the New York Mets.
Chris Taylor tripled off hard-luck loser Jason Vargas to start the bottom of the first and scored when Max Muncy followed with a double. That was all the offense for either team until Kike Hernandez singled home an insurance run with two outs in the eighth.
Ryu (8-1) struck out seven and walked one in 7 2/3 innings, lowering his major league-best ERA to 1.48. Kenley Jansen got four outs for his 16th save as the NL West leaders took three of four in the series.
Ryu went 5-0 in six May starts with a 0.59 ERA, 36 strikeouts and just three walks.
''The month of May was incredible,'' he said through a translator. ''I've always told everyone how I wanted to do my job as a starting pitcher, meaning I wanted to throw six to seven innings and put the team in a position where we can win. I've always said that, but I haven't necessarily executed the way I wanted. This month of May I was able to do that. I do feel that's unbelievable.''
Ryu's 0.59 ERA is the lowest by a Dodgers starter in any month since Clayton Kershaw had a 0.27 ERA in July 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment